James is the Owner and Head trainer of CrossFit South West Sydney. With extensive experience and University Qualifications, James sets the programming, tone and methodology used each cycle at CFSWS. With strong understanding of Biomechanics, technique, efficiency and structure are the underpinning characteristics that define his approach to coaching.
Outside of the gym James’ hobbies include rock climbing, canyoning, ultra marathon, snow boarding and building random furniture.
- Bachelor of Applied Science: Sport and Exercise Science
- Accredited Exercise Physiologist
- Cert. 3 & 4 in fitness
- Level 1 Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Level 1 Aus Weightlifting Federation Olympic lifting Coach
- Level 1 Sports Trainer
- Level 1 Crossfit Instructor
- Level 2 Pendlay Weightlifting
- CrossFit Movement and Mobility course with Kelly Starrett
- CrossFit Strongman Trainer Course with Rob Orlando
- FreeStyle Connection Movement Seminar with Carl Paoli
- The Outlaw Way training camp
- Attitude nation Level 1 Weightlifting
- Dimtry Klokov Weightlifting Seminar
Jacob began CrossFit in 2012 and has been a coach since 2015. From CrossFit Jacob found a passion for Olympic Weightlifting and has developed his talents to the point of being a National Level athlete with the goal of qualifying for the Commonwealth Games and the Olympics.
Taking on the role of head coach in 2018, Jacob is responsible for all things CrossFit in the gym including both programming, specialist seminars and member relations.
Jacob is passionate about helping both beginners and experienced athletes improve beyond their own expectations and he does this with a strong emphasis on Sport and Exercise Science.
Outside of the gym Jacobs hobbies include reading, catching up with mates and smashing a bit of PlayStation.